Course offered by: BCA, Athens
The MSc Shipping of the graduate department of BCA is tailored to the requirements of the shipping industry for executives with high academic background and practical knowledge of the subjects they are to apply in the workplace. The goal of the programme is to enable our graduates to respond directly to the demands of the shipping companies and supportive businesses.
- A degree of 6.5/10 or more from a Greek University or TEI.
- A Second Class Honours degree (2:2) from a UK university.
- Applicants without a first degree may be asked to attend first the Diploma in Shipping Studies (DMS) which is offered by the college. DMS graduates are admitted to the ΜSc Shipping programme with advanced standing.
English Language entry requirements
- IELTS or BCA IELTS placement test 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all components (at least 6.0 in writing and speaking)
- TOEFL iBT 92+ a minimum of 20 in each component
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE) GRADE C
- Michigan Proficiency (ECPE)
Philosophy and Aims
The MSc Shipping provides students and professionals with the necessary analytical and research skills so as to equip them for critical evaluation of developments in the shipping environment and undertake relevant managerial and strategic decisions.
The course aims to focus on the operational and organisational aspects of the shipping companies and shipping-related organisations and expects students to undertake research work and produce a major shipping project (dissertation) at a specified deadline.
In the first semester, students create and deepen their shipping knowledge and in the second and final semester there is a choice among five available pathways connected with common areas of shipping graduates’ employment.
While most students will aim to achieve the full Masters qualification, all Masters courses offer the subsidiary awards of Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma (both available with Merit or with Distinction) for students unable to complete their full programme of study.
The full list of awards and their requirements is as follows:
|PG Cert||Postgraduate Certificate in Shipping||Awarded for 60 credit modules|
|PG Dip||Postgraduate Diploma in Shipping||Awarded for 120 credit modules|
|MSc||Master in Shipping [pathway]||Awarded for 180 credit modules|